Wednesday, April 29, 2015
10 Ways to Relieve Stress
Have you ever had one of those no good for nothing, dirty rotten days? One of those days were nothing seems to go right and you are stressed to the MAX. I know I sure have. You feel like your whole world is coming to an end and nothing will ever get better. I tend to have these days quite often but I have learned how to nip my stress in the bud. Here are 10 simple ways that will help relieve your stress and bring about a much happier you.
1) PRAY! I can't stress this enough. A little talk with Jesus makes everything better. It eases your mind and you can see things more clearly. It is an instant stress reliever. It can calm you, give you peace and hope. It can also restore confidence.
2) A good cup of coffee. It relaxes you and calms you down. It makes you feel happier. Even the smell of it can decrease stress.
3) Go for a walk. Walking is always so helpful. It is so relaxing. It is proven to reduce depression and anxiety and it lowers blood pressure. Whenever I walk, it always improves my mood.
4) Do something you love! Mine would be baking. Baking always makes me happy :)
5) Call a friend. DON'T TEXT! Call and actually talk to someone. You will be surprised what a good conversation with a good friend will do for you.
6) Listen to music. Music has always been my therapy. I love love love music.
7) Go for a drive. There is something about an open road that is good for the soul.
8) Read a book. The Bible is a great book to read. It will certainly direct you in the right path. I love to read many other books as well.
9) Take a nap. A body always needs rest. If you are constantly on the go, it is bad for your health. You have to take time to rest or your health will start declining.
10) Pamper yourself. Get your hair or makeup done or go shopping so long as your treat yourself. You have to make time for yourself.
When I get stressed out, I try to do some of these on the list if not all of them. Used to, I would just let the stress consume me. I started seeing some negative effects on my health. I knew I had to make a change and start taking time for myself.
I hope these tips help you the same way they have me. I am a much happier person since I have put these tips to practice.