Sometimes we get so caught up in our everyday life that we forget to Spend Time With God. It's so easy to do but sadly it happens quite frequently. Of all the people and things in life, God should be our number one priority. After all he is our creator.
We put God on the back burner until we need him. We pretty much are using God. It's in our time of need when we talk to God the most. If we are going to talk to God and acknowledge him it should be every day not just when things are going wrong. We should praise him when life is going good or bad. He is our best friend and we shouldn't neglect him until we need something.
If we start having a daily talk with God, we will find how much better our day has went. We will see an improvement in our moods and we will be able to handle the stress of daily life better. Notice how I have said we? It's because I too am guilty of not giving God the praise that he deserves. Here are some tips on how to spend quality time with God.
1) Read at least one bible verse a day
2) Read a devotional or Psalm daily
3) Make sure to have some quite time to talk to God. It's hard if you are a parent to have quite time but when the kids are asleep or you are in the shower use this time to pray.
4) Go for a walk
5) Christian music is a great way to spend time with God.
6) When you are enjoying a cup of coffee or tea you can do this. You don't have to say the words out loud. God knows what's inside your heart.
7) Upon waking up, step outside to remind yourself of God's wonderful creations that surround us.
8) Use a journal to write your prayers or thoughts in.
9) Stop and listen to what God is telling you. Quit trying to live so fast paced.
10) Attend church or prayer groups.
Hopefully these tips help us all obtain a better relationship with God. What are some other tips that you can think of?