Monday, May 11, 2015
Spending Time With Your Spouse
In the world that we live in today, everything is so fast paced. We barely have time for ourselves let alone anyone else. We often neglect the one person that we shouldn't and that person is our spouse. Whether it be work, taking care of the kids, keeping the house clean, paying the bills or anything else, our spouses usually get put on the back burner. I have been guilty of putting my husband last and that is something we shouldn't do. Here are some ideas on how to make time for your husband or wife.
1) Have Date Nights- My husband and I always try to have a date night at least twice a month. Sometimes things happen and we don't always get to go out, but when we do we take full advantage of the opportunity. We love spending time with our son but we also need time for just each other. Kids can be hard on a marriage sometimes so date nights are a necessity.
2) Put Down the Electronics- Electronics have taken over the world in this day and time. It's hard to have a decent conversation with texting and Facebook anymore. Put down the electronics for 30 minutes to an hour and just have a nice long conversation. Catch up on each others day!
3) Surprise Your Spouse- My husband and I like to surprise each other with little love notes every once in a while. A simple I love you or I appreciate everything you do can go a long way. You don't have to spend money to surprise your loved one. Sometimes I like to surprise Justin by making his favorite meal. By doing something simple can brighten their day.
4) Go For A Walk Together- My husband and I sometime go walking. During this time, we hold hands, look at nature and just catch up on day to day life.
5) Rent A Movie- A lot of times, Justin and I will wait until Raylan is asleep and rent a movie. We like to curl up on the couch with our favorite snacks and just enjoy our movie.
6) Participate in your husband or wife's favorite hobby- My husband loves to race so a lot of times I will go racing with him. It means a lot when you take time to actually do something your spouse likes to do. It shows you are interested in things they like to do.
If you will follow these 6 simple steps and actually make time for your husband or wife, you will see a tremendous change in your relationship. Make them feel special and important. Show them you care!