1) Candy- Since Halloween is officially over, all of the Halloween Candy will go on sale. This means lots of candy for Stocking Stuffers. Buy it now at a discounted price so that you can save money.
2) Cookies - Go ahead and make up your Thanksgiving and Christmas cookie dough. Freeze it and when the time is near, unthaw it and pop those delicious cookies in the oven. I promise they will still be just as good.
3) Casseroles: Most casseroles you can make ahead and freeze. This will take such a load off of you and save you from the extra cooking.
4) Cards: You can start filling out your Thanksgiving and Christmas cards and addressing them. Cards can get so time consuming so this will definitely help take a load off of you.
5) Crafts: I like to work on my crafts early. I have found that if I wait until the last minute, I end up not doing half of the crafts that I intended to do.
6) Decor: Start getting out your Thanksgiving and Christmas decor a little at a time. Don't wait until the last minute to drag it all out. This way you won't be overwhelmed and exhausted from all the extra work.
7) Desserts- Just like the make ahead cookies and Casseroles, some desserts can be pre-made and froze too. I promise this saves so much time when its down to crunch time.
8) Gift Cards- If you purchase gift cards for some people, go ahead and start stocking up on the gift cards. Just buy a few at a time instead of having to buy them all at once.
9) Gifts- Don't wait until the last minute to buy gifts! I have done this before and Trust me it gets so stressful. I like to start in September or October and buy at least one gift per paycheck.
10) Lists: You can start making your lists now! Whether it be a list of guests you are inviting to dinner, a party or your Christmas list, Plan ahead Now! You will have a head start on everything and know exactly who you need to invite or buy for. Making a list will also be good for the plans you intend to make throughout the holidays.
11) Stockings: Stockings are my favorite! It was a tradition that my mom loved to do for us, so I always try to carry on her tradition. My mom loved to go all out for Stockings. I always looked more forward to the stockings than the gifts. Go ahead and start buying stuffers now!
12) Wrapping: I can't stress this one enough! Wrapping is such a pain. Don't wait until Christmas Eve to wrap everything. This will take the enjoyment out of Christmas and put you in a bad mood. If you have already bought some gifts already, start wrapping now.
Follow these 12 steps so that your holidays can be spent with Family and Friends making memories. Don't let the stress of everything put you in a bad mood and take the fun out of everything. Holidays aren't meant to be stressful, they are for giving thanks, celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ and making lots of memories with your loved ones. I promise if you follow these simple steps, you will find that things will go much smoother and you actually will be able to relax during the holidays!