This week's featured blogger is Johannah from The Sirois Family. Johannah is a full time working wife. She works as a 9-1-1 dispatcher. She is also a mom of two girls. She loves coffee and she loves to travel. She has been blogging since 2011. She blogs about many different things and she also has some pretty great recipes on her blog like this Baked Chicken Parmesan that I can't wait to try. It looks so delicious. Please stop by her blog and say hello!
Friday! I am so glad that you are here, This has been one long and rough week. I have been under the weather all week, I'm guessing due to allergies. Not to mention, it's finals week. I just submitted a 10 page final. Oh what fun! Prayers for a good grade please. Anyway let's rewind to the positive and happy things from this week.
1) Last weekend, I made my first ever Bible Cake for a customer. I didn't have a Bible Cake Pan, so I had to carve the cake by hand. I love how it turned out!
2) Last weekend, Justin and I had a baby sitter so we were able to head out to eat with a few friends. We celebrated Justin's early birthday by eating at the delicious Pig in a Poke restaurant. It is the BEST BBQ food around. It's one of Tif's from Bright on a Budget's favorite restaurants too!
3) Monday was Justin's actual Birthday so I made him a pretty much Thanksgiving dinner. That was his request lol. However, we had ham instead of Turkey. Instead of a traditional birthday cake, I attempted my first ever Oreo Ice Cream Cake and it turned out Amazing! We all loved it.
I also let Raylan pick out some gifts to buy for Justin. Since Raylan and Justin are both car guys, it was only natural that Raylan pick out a car for his daddy. I think thoughtful gifts like these are the best. They come from the heart! It really made Justin's day!
4) I'm loving the May Flowers that we are getting. Here is one of my beautiful yellow Lilies after the rain.
Don't forget to check out this month's installment of How I Style It- May Flowers Outfit too! Hint, it includes more yellow flowers.
5) Next week is Food Allergy Awareness Week. Please help spread awareness and wear Teal, not only for my son but for everyone! I'm praying that a cure for food allergies is found one day!
Well that's it for now. Have a safe and joyful weekend. Happy Mother's Day everyone! God bless you!