Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Giving Thanks: What I'm Thankful For
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. It is a time to Give Thanks and to reflect on what we are thankful for. However, we should always be thankful everyday not just one day out of the year. I like to make a list every year to remind myself just how blessed that I truly am. So here is what I am thankful for this year...
"I give thanks to You, Oh my Lord my God, with my whole heart, I will glorify your name forever."
1) I am thankful for God. Without him I am nothing. I am so thankful for the blessings that he bestows upon me every single day. I am blessed more than I deserve.
2) I am thankful for my beautiful little family. They are my whole world. Raylan was the missing piece to our family. I am so thankful that God saw fit to bless Justin and I with our beautiful son. Our family isn't perfect, but we are perfect for each other.
3) I am thankful for my dad and my brother too. My dad has been through so much health wise, but he keeps such a positive attitude with a smile on his face. My brother has several disabilities but has the biggest heart of anyone that I know. He is also the smartest person that I know. God truly blessed me with the best family.
4) I am thankful for my friends. I don't get to spend as much time with them as I would like, but I'm so thankful that we still keep in touch. Life is so much easier with a friend by your side.
5) I'm thankful for this wonderful blogging community. I have met some wonderful people and have developed some wonderful friendships through blogging. I have even met some blogging friends in real life. How cool is that? I love the fact that you all build each other up and have such positive attitudes.
6) I'm thankful for all that God has blessed us with. Justin and I went through a really rough financial patch back in the summer, but God never let us do without. Our bills were always paid and we never went hungry. God truly is amazing. I could never thank him enough for his many blessings.
7) I am thankful that my husband still has a job. He had to take a lower paying job after the coal mines shut down, but at least it's a job. Like I said, God truly is so good.
8) I am thankful for food, clothing, shelter and transportation. When we reflect on our lives, we really do have so much to be thankful for. There are so many people who are less fortunate than we are. We need to be thankful for what we have and try to help those who are in need.
9) I am thankful that I have involved Raylan in extra activities such as Story Time at our Local Library. It has helped him come out of his shyness and create friendships with other children his age. I always feel bad for him that he has no one to play with being the only child, so being around other kids has been good for him.
When we reflect on what we are thankful for, we realize we truly do have so much to be thankful for. Let's have a thankful heart all year long, instead of just one day a year.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name."
Have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving!