Tuesday, April 4, 2017
10 Ways to Relax When You're Stressed and Anxious
Stress and Anxiety is such a bad thing that we all have at some point and time. It's not good for anyone physically or mentally. It really does take a toll on your well being. Lately, I have had more than my fair share of stress. It has been more than overwhelming and was starting to make me ill, so I knew I needed to start finding ways to relax. Today I'm sharing with you my favorite tried and true ways to relax when I'm feeling stressed or anxious.
1) Read my Bible- It seems like when I am stressed or worried about something, God gives me the right words to read to bring me comfort. He puts me on the right bible verse every single time.
2) Pray- When I pray it is such a big stress reliever. I can feel God's comforting arms around me and he gives me that inner peace that only he can give that everything is going to be alright.
3) Go to the Lake- Going to the lake is my absolute favorite thing to do. I prefer the beach but since we don't have one close by, the lake always does the trick. There is nothing like seeing the beautiful water and feeling the breeze from lake. It instantly puts me in a much better mood. I love going there for picnics and a good walk around the beautiful water to just sight see.
4) Go for a Walk- Walking is always so relaxing and it's great for your health. Lately, I tend to keep high blood pressure, so walking has been very good for my blood pressure. It's also very therapeutic. I always feel better and in a much better mood after a good long walk. It's also a good way to enjoy nature.
5) Read- I love curling up with a good book. It's makes me forget all about my problems.
6) Cup of Coffee- Of all the things I enjoy the most, it's a good cup of coffee. I especially love my morning cup of coffee. I enjoy having it while reading my bible or sitting on my front porch enjoying all of the beauty around me. A cup of coffee is so relaxing to me and the aroma is pure perfection!
7) Take a bath- I love taking hot bubble baths with bath bombs. Some scents like lavender really help aid in my relaxation.
8) Watch a Comedy- I love watching movies but a good comedy is always perfect to cheer me up and get me laughing. Everyone needs a good laugh!
9) Spending time with your best friend- Life is so busy these days and I don't get to spend time with my friends like I wish I could. I always feel so much better when I have had a little time with my besties.
10) Music- Music is always so calming for me. I love to sing and dance along to my favorite tunes. I also love listening to music while going for a long drive.
I have found that if I do these things on a regular basis rather than just when I'm stressed, I don't get stressed nearly as often. Everyone needs to practice self care and find ways to reduce stress and anxiety. Relaxation is always a great idea for your mind, body and soul!
What are your favorite ways to relax when you have a lot going on?